A place to gather and share information about the Thomas Willcox and Elizabeth Cole Willcox Family of Ivy Mills, PA. For more information see the Home page link above or contact Deniane Kartchner at Denianek@gmail.com. My husband is a descendant of Thomas and Elizabeth's son James who married Prudence Doyle. Their son John's daughter Prudence married John Christopher Kartchner.

Note: This is a work in progress! I am trying to verify everything before I post, but feel free to send me corrections and/or suggestions. It’s also not a complete history of Ivy Mills or a website for current operations, although I will gladly try to answer any questions and/or lead you to the right information.

I'm currently working on tracing this family back to England through this link:

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

James and Prudence Willcox Family



i  Ann,3 b. about 1754; m. Capt. John Cassin, of Philadelphia.
ii John,3 b. about 1756; buried 10, 1, 1818; m. Sarah Walton, of Scotland. He was a hatter, and lived and died in Middletown, Del. Co, Pa.
iii Thomas,3 b. 12, 7, 1758; m. (1st) about 1782, Hannah, dau. of Dr. Thomas Worrall, of Chester, now Del. Co., pa. He m. (2d) Catharine King, of same county. He was a papermaker. About 1813 he moved, with his wife, to Columbia Co., Pa.
iv  Mary,3 – b. 6,11, 1763; baptized at St. Joseph’s Church; d. 4, 20, 1820; m. Peter Scravendyke, of Philadelphia.
v Elizabeth,3 – m. (1st) Feb., 1785, Capt. Henry Bicker. She m. (2d) Willliam McMurray, and m. (3d) Thomas Hoggard. She was a widow when she died in Sept, 1802.
vi Sabina (Sibby),3 – m. Robert Webb, of Philadelphia. In 1812 he was a jeweler living in Southwark.
vii James,3 m. _______, Mary ______. He was a paper-maker, and as late as 1822 he was living in Middletown, Del. Co.

3 comments:

  1. Just found out that I'm a descendant of Thomas Willcox -- which shocked me because I happen to be a parishioner of St. Thomas the Apostle in Glen Mills. The line back to Thomas Willcox goes something like this: Timothy Ireland, Charlotte Ann Tapley, Charlotte Walton, Harry J. Walton, William H. Walton, Elizabeth Willcox, John Henry Willcox, John Willcox, James Willcox, Thomas Willcox of Ivy Mills. If you have any information or want any, please feel free to contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... a question: I was baptized Roman Catholic as an infant because Charlotte Walton married Harry V. Tapley, a Roman Catholic of Irish descent. But if that hadn't happened, I would have been a Baptist like the rest of my line of Waltons and Willcoxes. At what point did the Catholic Willcoxes in my line become Baptists? I suspect it was sometime after John Willcox married Sarah Walton -- who is, I believe, buried in the Roxborough Baptist Cemetery in Philadelphia. I would be grateful for any assistance. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit with you about your line of the Willcox Family. Please contact me directly at denianek@gmail.com anytime.

    ReplyDelete