A place to gather and share information about the Thomas Willcox and Elizabeth Cole Willcox Family of Ivy Mills, PA. For more information see the Home page link above or contact Deniane Kartchner at Denianek@gmail.com. My husband is a descendant of Thomas and Elizabeth's son James who married Prudence Doyle. Their son John's daughter Prudence married John Christopher Kartchner.

Note: This is a work in progress! I am trying to verify everything before I post, but feel free to send me corrections and/or suggestions. It’s also not a complete history of Ivy Mills or a website for current operations, although I will gladly try to answer any questions and/or lead you to the right information.

I'm currently working on tracing this family back to England through this link:

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Ellis Family ties to Wilcoxes

The following link has a burial record of the Merion Meeting Graveyard, Montgomery, PA which talks about the Ellis family http://files.usgwarchives.net/pa/montgomery/church/merion09.txt
(Search for Mary Elizabeth Ellis)


From this obituary/record I have assumed the following:


Sarah Ellis married John Wilcox of Philadelphia. 
(John H. Wilcox>John Wilcox>James Willcox>Thomas Willcox)


Sarah's Parents:
Jonathan Ellis of Haverford Township, Delaware County, PA
Mother?


Sarah's Siblings:
Samuel Ellis - b. 1809
George Ellis
Thomas Ellis
Mary Ellis Hansell (married Ezra Hansell)


The Ellis Family were early residents of Haverford township. Letters of Administration on the estate of Jonathan Ellis of Haverford were granted at Media, Delaware Co. to Jesse Ellis, March 2, 1798.


ELLIS WILL ABSTRACTS:
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ski/katie/wills/will_abstractsA-E.html


ELLIS, David. Haverford. August 18, 1788. June 6, 1789.
To my brother Jonathan Ellis all real estate in Haverford where I now live, given me by my father Jeremiah Ellis, also the plantation which belonged to Samuel Johnson containing 110 acres in Haverford, also all personal estate, paying legacies ...


MORE ON WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment