A place to gather and share information about the Thomas Willcox and Elizabeth Cole Willcox Family of Ivy Mills, PA. For more information see the Home page link above or contact Deniane Kartchner at Denianek@gmail.com. My husband is a descendant of Thomas and Elizabeth's son James who married Prudence Doyle. Their son John's daughter Prudence married John Christopher Kartchner.

Note: This is a work in progress! I am trying to verify everything before I post, but feel free to send me corrections and/or suggestions. It’s also not a complete history of Ivy Mills or a website for current operations, although I will gladly try to answer any questions and/or lead you to the right information.

I'm currently working on tracing this family back to England through this link:

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Whitehead family connection

Linked to a tribute to Mark Willcox, Jr.:

"A true gentleman and a truly lovely man, Mark and his family were greatly involved with Byrdcliffe at Woodstock, NY, the artists colony founded by his relative, Ralph Whitehead, a native of England, and Jane Byrd Whitehead of Philadelphia. I have served on the board there for 31 years, and my experience knowing Mark and his family has always been gracious and enlightening. 
I spoke to him at Christmas last year and told him that Byrdcliffe, which marked the origin of Woodstock's long and distinguished history in American arts, is still operating in support of the arts and dedicated to furthering and respecting the traditions of its founding family. I shall miss him. 
May God bless and keep him. 
Douglas James 
Woodstock, NY

I posted this because it's a heartfelt tribute and also so I could follow up with the Whitehead family connection.

The link below will get me started: 
http://www.metmuseum.org/en/exhibitions/listings/2013/living-in-style/tweaking-the-details

No comments:

Post a Comment