A place to gather and share information about the Thomas Willcox and Elizabeth Cole Willcox Family of Ivy Mills, PA. For more information see the Home page link above or contact Deniane Kartchner at Denianek@gmail.com. My husband is a descendant of Thomas and Elizabeth's son James who married Prudence Doyle. Their son John's daughter Prudence married John Christopher Kartchner.

Note: This is a work in progress! I am trying to verify everything before I post, but feel free to send me corrections and/or suggestions. It’s also not a complete history of Ivy Mills or a website for current operations, although I will gladly try to answer any questions and/or lead you to the right information.

I'm currently working on tracing this family back to England through this link:

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Gest Family Pedigree Charts

I am going through files trying to post everything I have saved to my computer (from a multitude of searches relating to the Willcox family over the past year).

Following are some images of the Guest/Gest Family of Pennsylvania. These images are from http://genealogytrails.com/penn/delaware/delhistash.html




Again, the connection to the Guest Family is Thomas Willcox's daughter Mary married Simon Guest.

Here is the link for the marriage of Simon and Mary on 02 Sep 1761 at Christ Church And Saint Peters, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/V26S-2ZY (Simon died 1764 and Mary subsequently married John Montgomery.)

Also of note is Simon Guest's marriage to Agnes Salkill on 17 Jan 1758 at Christ Church And Saint Peters, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania found at this link: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/V26S-2ZR

Both marriages are from the index of Pennsylvania Marriages, 1709-1940 found on Family Search.

2 comments:

  1. If anyone has more information on Mary Willcox and her marriage to Simon Gest I would appreciate hearing from you. I feel sure that they my 4th great grandparents. Thomas Glascock, Greensboro, NC tag27408@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This message needs edit. I feel sure that Mary Willcox and Simon Gest had a son John Gest but I can not prove. Also, Mary Willcox and John Montgomery are my 4th great grandparents.

    ReplyDelete